The plantation home of William Henry
Coxe and his wife, Amelia, was built in 1845. Bricks for the foundation
were burned on the place by slave workmen and the fine interior
detailing was also the work of slave carpenters. The craftsmanship
was as refined in detail as the fInest early houses of Holly Springs.
Drawing by the late Hugh H. Rather