Rust College, pursuant to a HUD HBCU award received in 2002, established the Rust College Community Development Corporation to expand and focus the college’s mission of providing service and technical assistance to Holly Springs, Marshall County and North Mississippi in general.
The Rust College Community Development Corporation, herein after referred to as (RCCDC) has been assigned the responsibility of developing and expanding partnerships between the college and local community, faith-based, governmental, private and not for profit organizations in order to address pressing community problems.
The goals of the CDC are to combine the resources and efforts of Rust College, the Rust College CDC and its partners to promote neighborhood redevelopment and revitalization by:
- Developing well planned, financially viable, and innovative projects to enhance job creation within the target area.
- Creating and/or expanding business development in low-income communities
- Recruiting low-income individuals to fill positions created through the businesses
- Providing home ownership opportunities for low-moderate income residents of the target area, and
- Implementing the down-town revitalization strategy developed by the Mississippi Main Street Association for the City of Holy Springs, Mississippi.
Beckley Conference Center
150 Rust Avenue
Holly Springs, MS 38635
Fax: (662) 252-8884