Greeting from the Director of Student Activities!
Welcome to the Student Center (Rec) where there is something for everyone to enjoy! Whether you’re looking for a place you’ll fit in, or simply making the most of your leisure time, the Rec offers a wide variety of ways to get involved in campus life.
The activities provided by the staff of the Rec to promote student life are critical to helping students adjust to being away from home and to finding their place in the campus community. Each day, students are able to access the Student Center during the hours of 3:00 pm until 12:00 am.
Rust College Office of Student Activities provides a social program of enrichment outside the classroom that reflects the interests of our students’ diverse and cultural well-being. Our goal is to promote a healthy balance between the students’ academic success as well as an engaging college experience for every student.
Student Activities work closely with student clubs, organizations and advisors to coordinate and develop college wide programs for both residential and commuter students. There are more than 40 clubs and organizations to choose from, i.e. Student Government Association, Greek life, support groups, intramural and collegiate sports.
In addition, the following amenities are popular attractions to the Rec.
- Movie theatre – operates daily from 3:00 pm-12:00 am with free popcorn and drinks.
- Weight room – state of the art cardio and weights
- Mirror room – a great practice space for our dance teams, Greek letter organizations and work out classes.
- Gaming wall – gaming systems with the latest games for each console, i.e. PS4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch.
- Swimming pool – Olympic style with seasonal hours
- Basketball arcades
- Table tennis
- Board games
- Card games