In order to produce competent and skillful media professionals, our students study a program for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communications (Broadcast Journalism or Print Journalism). Of the 124 credit hours required for graduation, at least 80 hours must be of liberal arts and sciences courses. Majors are encouraged to seek their minor program in other academic areas; however, they may elect for a concentration as well in print or broadcast journalism. This concentration can be fulfilled with the required 18 elective hours in the area of interest.
Credit Hour Requrements
- Minimum credit requirement for graduation – 124 credit hours
- Total Mass Communications courses – 36 credit hours
General Requirements for the Bachelor of Arts Degree in Mass Communications:
- The completion of a minimum of 80 semester hours outside Mass Communications with no fewer than 65 semester hours in the liberal arts and sciences.
- A minimum of 6 semester hours of internship.
- A minimum of 25 hours of laboratory time per module in any of the mass media areas, RC-TV2, WURC, or The Rustorian. These hours are beyond the regular class-oriented laboratories.
- An approved Senior Project, MAC 410, is required of all graduating seniors. A student will not graduate if this is not successfully completed.
- A minimum grade of C in all required courses in Mass Communications.