In order to be assured of consideration for admission, the student should submit the following at least one month prior to the date of registration:
- A completed application for admission.
- A $10.00 non-refundable application fee.
- An official transcript from the high school and/or college attended.
- A pre-entrance medical report on the prescribed form provided by the College.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must come from a principal, on forms provided by the College. In case of a student seeking admission by GED, both recommendations must come from persons who are qualified to certify the student’s ability to qualify for a college education.
A student may be admitted conditionally if one or more items from 1 through 6 are missing. However, a student may not remain in a conditional status for more than one semester. Non-resident part-time students who are not seeking a degree may be exempted from items 4,5, and 6. All resident students must comply with item 4.
Upon receipt of the completed application with required documents and the application fee, the Admissions Committee will consider the application for admission and will notify the student of its decision.
Students who desire or are required to live in the college dormitories must send a room reservation deposit of $50.00. New students should submit the fee upon notice of acceptance for admission. Continuing students are encouraged to submit the fee before July 15th for the Fall and November 15th for the Spring. All fees and deposits are to be sent to the Director of Admissions before the confirmation of admission can be finalized. In evaluating the student’s application for admission the Admissions Committee considers the following factors:
- Student academic performance at the high school and/or college previously attended.
- ACT and/or SAT scores.
- Student personal qualities and interests as expressed through the letters of recommendation.
- Transcripts–high school, and in case of transfer students, college or university transcript.