If I live close to campus, what are my options to commute from home?
- Rust College students are not required to reside of campus students may commute from their home if they wish.
How do I apply to live on campus?
- Once Rust College has received your admission deposit you will be able to complete a housing contract to secure your space in a residence hall. Housing contracts must be signed and submitted via the online housing form. The earlier you apply, the higher priority you will have to be assigned to your living preferences.
Is there a residence hall contract?
- Yes. Your residence hall contract is signed at the time of application. The contract is your formal commitment to live on campus from when you accept your key to the end of the academic year (end of spring semester). Contracts are valid from August 1 through the date of spring Commencement. Move-in dates will be set closer to the start of the academic term as they vary slightly from year to year. The contract is used for both your residence hall room as well as your meal plan. All residential students are required to enroll in the meal plan option.
How much does it cost to live in the residence hall?
- To see our current room and board costs, please visit the Residence Hall Options Page
Is a housing deposit required?
- Yes. The housing deposit is included in all first-year students’ commitment fee. All returning students must pay a $50 housing deposit.
When will I know where I will Live?
- For incoming students, once you have singed and submitted your housing contract the office of Residence Life will email your housing assignment, roommate information, and move-in timeline to your Rust College email account 3-4 weeks prior to the start of the semester. I you have not received an email please contact the Residence Life Office by email email@example.com.
When will I know who my roommate is?
- Roommate information is sent in the housing assignment email 3-4 weeks prior to the start of the semester.